Marliss Melton BB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Marliss Melton BB

www.marlissmelton.com

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Real books versus Romance Novels

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Marliss Melton

Marliss Melton

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2006-11-24

Real books versus Romance Novels Empty
PostSubject: Real books versus Romance Novels   Real books versus Romance Novels Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2007 9:15 am

Well, it used to be that I couldn't read anything but a romance. My mom was always foisting "real" books on me. I don't know why, but now that I'm forty, I'm suddenly interested in those "real" books. I'm reading "HEALED BY A HORSE" by Susan Richards and "EAT, PRAY AND LOVE" by ...Elizabeth Gilbert. They're pretty good.
Of course, I have ELITE WARRIORS to read, based on Argval's recommendation, but first I have to steal it back from my husband.
Later!
Marliss
Back to top Go down
trishd

trishd

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-07-27

PostSubject: Real vs Fictional   Real books versus Romance Novels Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 11:31 am

I am doing research for my first original fiction...and I LOVE IT! Right now, I am reading 'The Sherriff of Ramadi' and its really a good read. I also have set aside 'Lone Survivor', another SEALs story, but I haven't gotten to it yet.
I tend to read a few books at a time...and right now I have over 80 books in my closet to be read. My pile never shrinks, as I am always adding to it.
BTW Mars: 'Eat, Pray, Love' is in that pile and I will let you know when I get to it.
I tend to read more fiction than non---though I am not opposed to the later, if the story is really good.
Back to top Go down
BlackCrows

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-09-10

PostSubject: Trying to navigate the site...   Real books versus Romance Novels Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 10:37 am

...and find the proper place to post.

I wanted to comment that I'm really excited about the upcoming release of Too Far Gone. I was very intrigued by Ellie Stuart in Don't Let Go. She's all guts and gumption and Little Earth Mother at the same time.

The immediate attraction to her for Sean "Harley" Harlan was a great tickler and had me hoping they'd have their own book, so thanks very much for that, Marliss.

I guess since I'm new to your novels, I'll get busy with the back-list and enjoy the SEALs...if I don't get distracted by Lucy and Gus first!

BC
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Real books versus Romance Novels   Real books versus Romance Novels Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Real books versus Romance Novels
Page 1 of 1