Marliss Melton BB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Marliss Melton BB

www.marlissmelton.com

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Favorite Hero from the SEAL series??

Go down 
+5
janie_lizbeth
mharperok
Mia
Marliss Melton
Tracy
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Tracy

Tracy

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2007-01-11

Favorite Hero from the SEAL series?? Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Hero from the SEAL series??   Favorite Hero from the SEAL series?? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 14, 2007 11:00 pm

Westy, hands down. There is always something about a "bad boy" with the good heart. The guy that is worth so much more than he thinks he is.

*sigh*

I feel a re-read coming on!! study Laughing
Back to top Go down
Marliss Melton

Marliss Melton

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2006-11-24

PostSubject: I love Westy, too   Favorite Hero from the SEAL series?? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 16, 2007 2:51 pm

Yep, Westy's my favorite so far, but don't tell my husband, 'cause he's one of the few heroes not based on him at all... jocolor
I came across a reader who really liked Luther, who's based on my brother. Yes, Luther is a great guy, but what is it about those guys who have a dark side or a bad side? What makes us love them more???
Back to top Go down
Tracy

Tracy

Number of posts : 31

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Hero from the SEAL series??   Favorite Hero from the SEAL series?? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 16, 2007 3:03 pm

Quote :
but what is it about those guys who have a dark side or a bad side? What makes us love them more???

I think it is because in real life things don't usually work out the way they do in books with these kind of guys. They are too risky in real life. In books, they are not too risky and there is a happily ever after!!

And I always do like the "bad boys" in reading, and my hubby is the exact opposite LOL (just like you Marliss, the heroes I really like are the opposite of my hubby that I love so much. Hmmmm interesting!!) Razz
Back to top Go down
Mia

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2007-01-18

PostSubject: I'm Different   Favorite Hero from the SEAL series?? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2007 5:58 pm

I actually like Luther. But I also like bad boys. Wink
Back to top Go down
mharperok

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2007-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Hero from the SEAL series??   Favorite Hero from the SEAL series?? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2007 6:09 pm

I loved all the hunky guys, but agree that Westy is my fave, hey he's a fellow Okie!!

Marilyn

To err is human, but when you wear out the eraser before the pencil, you're in trouble.
Back to top Go down
janie_lizbeth

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2007-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Hero from the SEAL series??   Favorite Hero from the SEAL series?? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 20, 2007 12:43 pm

post deleted

Last edited by janie_lizbeth on Mon May 26, 2008 11:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ranurgis

Number of posts : 7

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Hero from the SEAL series??   Favorite Hero from the SEAL series?? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2007 11:16 am

We like to think that the bad boys can be redeemed or saved from themselves by our love, I would imagine. However, to take on such a task in real life seems daunting to say the least. That's what we have the fantasies for.

I like Gabe too the way he is portrayed. He's confused, lost, unsure of himself and others. What an incident to make the poor guy suffer. Of course Helen and her daughter went through a lot too. Marliss had a great way of figuring out how to make them react.

Luther had his own lessons to learn and don't we all. That is what life is about: learning through your mistakes, through your down times, the difficult times. My sister had 3 miscarriages. She was "respectably" married while her two sisters-in-law had great pregnancies and perfectly healthy babies outside of wedlock. Yeah, I know I'm showing my age and my beliefs. But that doesn't mean I love my brother-in-law's sisters any less or my niece for that matter. She had a little boy when she was just past her 16th birthday. And he's great. Almost 5 now and very smart, though of course like any child, he has his moments.

Anyway, I asked my sister how she felt about her sisters-in-law in light of her own miscarriages. She told me that she felt fine with them, that she was glad they had no problems though every time she lost a child, it was hard for her to see pregnant women in the streets. But, she said, the fact that she went through the miscarriages taught her compassion and as a good nurse you really have to have that. So I think each of us has to learn certain lessons in life through ways that we aren't always pleased or comfortable with.

I think Marliss incorporates this into her stories. BTW, as Marliss already knows, my sister's name is Marlis and that's how I got to know Marliss better.
Back to top Go down
trishd

trishd

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Hero from the SEAL series??   Favorite Hero from the SEAL series?? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 11:20 am

affraid

I have to choose a fave? I don't think that that is even possible. But if you twist my arm really REALLY hard, I would have to say....***drum roll***...WESTY...with Solomon not too far behind. Why? Coz I love a dirty talkin' man and Solomon follows through with that. sigh...and who doesn't love a little facial hair? But I think that when I am readying MM's books, I love the hero that I am reading about at that time.

giggle

Love ya Mars! You rock!
Back to top Go down
AmyJ

AmyJ

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Hero from the SEAL series??   Favorite Hero from the SEAL series?? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 10:11 pm

Hmm that is such a hard one but I'm going with Westy! You can't get any sexier then the images of him. flower
Back to top Go down
JMHPJT

JMHPJT

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2011-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Hero from the SEAL series??   Favorite Hero from the SEAL series?? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 10:45 pm

Although I probably could go for any of them because I have a MAJOR thing for guys with dangerous jobs!! I do have my fave from the first time his name was mentioned and after reading Next to Die I completely fell in love/lust with him!! Since no body else picked him yet I guess I get him all to myself!! Its........... Vinny!! I have a nickname for him!! The little engine that could!! Yep I love me some Vinny!! I love you
Back to top Go down
JMHPJT

JMHPJT

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2011-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Hero from the SEAL series??   Favorite Hero from the SEAL series?? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 6:35 pm

Vinny is still my fave no question BUT after reading Too Far Gone I think that Sean is a very close second!! I really like Sean!! Great book!! Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Hero from the SEAL series??   Favorite Hero from the SEAL series?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite Hero from the SEAL series??
Page 1 of 1