Marliss Melton BB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Marliss Melton BB

www.marlissmelton.com

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What are you reading?

Go down 
+12
KayLinne
mharperok
Maureen
maria duncan
Alyhackett
janie_lizbeth
Marliss Melton
Tracy
book freak
Minna
Ranurgis
Rika_Admin
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
book freak

book freak

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2007-01-13

What are you reading? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2007 1:53 pm

I just started The reluctant reformer by Lynsay Sands.

Stefanie
Back to top Go down
http://www.realmsonourbookshelves.com
janie_lizbeth

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2007-01-12

PostSubject: Welcome Maria!   What are you reading? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2007 6:58 pm

queen The good news is that we are all newbies to this new web site. I think it will be a great place to meet, greet, and have a bit of fun--especially when Marliss drops by to say hello. Now if we could just get her to divulge a bit more about the new book that is coming next---in August Crying or Very sad But maybe if she drops a few juicy crumbs along the way, we will all survive until the next book.

Maria, be sure to check in on the other boards and leave a post or two or three.... Laughing

Janie queen
Back to top Go down
Minna

Minna

Number of posts : 12

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2007 4:23 am

Now I'm reading Closer by Jo Leigh.

"When I have a little money, I buy books, If any is left, I buy food and clothes." -Desiderius Erasmus
Back to top Go down
maria duncan

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-01-20

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2007 3:31 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome! I can't wait to read Beyond A Shadow by Alison Kent and Closer by Jo Leigh
Back to top Go down
Rika_Admin
Admin
Rika_Admin

Registration date : 2006-11-21

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2007 4:53 pm

Maria, welcome! Wink

I'm currently reading "Drop Dead Gorgeous" by Linda Howard. I loved "To Die For" so this is a treat.

Marliss, how are you doing with "The Raven Prince". That was one of my best reads for 2006! cheers

Tracy, I am "real sized". lol! Hope you enjoy Sun Kissed. I thought it was fab!

Happy reading...
Back to top Go down
Ranurgis

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2007-01-11

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2007 10:47 am

What am I reading, duh? Can't remember...oh, yeah, Vanished by Karen Robards. Very good. Has a different type of hero from the norm in some ways anyway.

The Masque of the Black Tulip by Lauren Willig was lots of fun but I noticed that the editing was lousy as compared to the first in the series. I could find hardly any mistakes in that one but Tulip had some very grating ones. I'm wondering if they were trying to get the second book out in too much of a hurry and didn't bother editing it. Now I'm hoping to get a copy of the next one which was rated the highest of the three by RT.

I was also reading Bill Bryson's The Mother Tongue. It was supposed to be back in the library by Saturday. But I can't find it. Whah! I hate paying fines. That reduces the number of books I can buy. I'm still in the process of sorting out stuff in the old place before I move too much junk to the new one. So Bryson could be anywhere. I have to be moved in by the 31st. So you probably won't be seeing much of me for the next week or so and depending on how things go with the computers (this one is making an awful lot of noise), I may not even be able to get on line.

Hmm, Minna, I didn't know that learned men have expressed my sentiments. That's a really good one and has definitely fit me quite well at times. I...well, I don't weigh much right now though little enough of that has got towards books, more like for hydro for the defective fridge the landlord stuck me with--about $500 worth. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
book freak

book freak

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2007-01-13

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2007 3:31 pm

For the moment, I'm reading 'The golden leopard' by Lynn Kerstan. study

Stefanie
Back to top Go down
http://www.realmsonourbookshelves.com
mharperok

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2007-01-16

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2007 7:18 pm

This is for Stephanie, The Book Freak, I agree totally re: Used Books, most of the books I buy are at my favorite little used book store where I've shopped for 10 years or more. They deal soley in paper backs, however one of the gals who works there will take my hard backs off my hands and take them to the local Veteran's Hospital. Pretty cool, huh? study

Marilyn

To err is human, but when you wear out the eraser before the pencil, your in trouble

PS I'm currently reading The Steel Caress by Jessical Hall, the 2nd in a trilogy, veeeeery good, the first in series is Deepest Edge.
Back to top Go down
KayLinne

KayLinne

Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2007 12:04 pm

Stephen Hunter. Point of Impact. Actually, re-reading. Absorbing. Devouring. Going over again. And again. Why, you ask?

Okay, so I'm a Mark Wahlberg fan and his movie, Shooter, is coming out in March. It's based (albeit loosely) on Hunter's PoI. Will Mark make a good Bob Lee, the main character of the book? Hunter has written a few other titles with Bob Lee at the center, and I'm hot on their trail now, seeing as how Marliss' new book won't be out for a bit yet... cheers

I am also very curious as to how this will translate to the screen. I envision something along the lines of the Bourne series. I read Ludlum's first a long time ago. Never did think that Matt Damon could do Jason Bourne, but I was very surpised and very pleased. No, the movie did not follow the book word for word, but each was very good in their own right. I am so looking forward to Shooter.

What are you reading? - Page 2 Wahlberg
Back to top Go down
Alyhackett

Alyhackett

Registration date : 2007-01-17

PostSubject: Jill Marie Landis   What are you reading? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2007 11:26 pm

One of my girlfriends suggested her! I finished Lover's Lane and am in the middle of Heatwave. For me, they are nice comfortable, good contemp reads! Nothing earth shattering about them but something I would re-read someday!

bom Aly
Back to top Go down
http://www.muckysmorsels.com
Marliss Melton

Marliss Melton

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2006-11-24

PostSubject: I can read again!!   What are you reading? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 05, 2007 9:33 am

Yippee! I now have these sexy new glasses that don't make me look like a grandma, and now I can read all my favorite books. I'm still halfway through Suz's INTO THE STORM. Usually I devour her books, but this one is taking some work on my part.
Back to top Go down
Minna

Minna

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2007 4:18 am

I just read Lentsu (flu) by Veikko Huovinen.
Back to top Go down
JMay

JMay

Registration date : 2007-02-19

PostSubject: Subject: What are you reading?   What are you reading? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2007 5:55 pm

Hey everyone! I'm new hear and always looking for new authors to read!

Over the weekend I read Speak No Evil by Allison Brennan, Under The Wire by Cindy Gerard and Salvation, Texas by Anna Jeffrey. I just started Sun Kissed by Cahterine Anderson.

Marliss - I loved Into The Storm but it was definitely not my favorite of the Ms. Brockmann's Seal Team Sixteen series.

I think next on my list will be Stalemate by Iris Johansen. Anyone else read this one yet? I always keep several books around waiting to read so I will depend on my mood when I pick up the next book.

JMay
Back to top Go down
Ranurgis

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2007 7:13 pm

I hate to say it, but I agree with you two on Suz's Into the Storm. What I liked least was the criminal in the book. He was more than a little psycho and the for me graphic descriptions turned my stomach. Otherwise I enjoyed it.

Minna, I must say that we seem to meet up in a lot of places. I hope to show up elsewhere soon.

Right now I'm reading a very different sort of book from my usual and it's very well done. It's Night Life by Elizabeth Guest, aka Suzanne Simmons. I've read her books from the beginning though I still have to read some from the middle. The theme is very farao though the main story takes place in Las Vegas. This is the first of a series and though it's a paranormal vampire book, she writes a completely different take on vamps. And it's a hot book.

A very interesting book on American politics and the growing gap between rich and poor in the U.S. is God's Politics by Jim Wallis. It's a very insightful book and really has something to say to everyone from atheists to homosexuals and every political stripe. I'd recommend it highly to anybody who has to vote or is dissatisfied with the two parties. He doesn't try to convert anyone to Christianity but instead lays out what is wrong with the parties right now and how things could be fixed. I was horrified, for example, when I learned that just before the Iraq war began, Congress cut the taxes for the rich and privileged and would not give the poor the non-refundable tax benefits given to the middle class and the rich.

Since the present government presents itself as "Christian", Wallis shows us where it is anything but. He also has proposals that would eliminate the huge gaps. The war in Iraq is costing $1billion a week. Congress could not even spare $5billion over 5 years to help 12,000,000 children in the U.S. who don't have enough to eat. What a terrible policy. And these facts are only a few of the documented ones that he gives in his book.

I believe it's important for everyone to read this book.
Back to top Go down
Ranurgis

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2007 7:19 pm

JMay wrote:

I think next on my list will be Stalemate by Iris Johansen. Anyone else read this one yet? I always keep several books around waiting to read so I will depend on my mood when I pick up the next book.

I've read it and really found it different from some of her other books but with the same tension, suspense and mystery. I'm sure you'll enjoy it although it also contains a very ruthless character.

I'd like to know what you think of it. Have you read others by her? Though you can read it as a stand-alone, it makes it more exciting if you first read the other Eve Duncan books, the ones in which she is the main character, in order to get some of the poignant background of this book.
Back to top Go down
JMay

JMay

Registration date : 2007-02-19

PostSubject: What am I reading?   What are you reading? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2007 12:41 am

Ranurgis wrote:

I'd like to know what you think of it. Have you read others by her? Though you can read it as a stand-alone, it makes it more exciting if you first read the other Eve Duncan books, the ones in which she is the main character, in order to get some of the poignant background of this book.

I haven't gotten around to reading Stalemate yet but have read all the others in the Eve Duncan series. I picked up a couple of books at the library then got into other books I had waiting to read but this one is still in my "to be read" stack. I always keep several books around to read and pick up whichever one strikes my mood at the time.

I just finished Shiver by Lisa Jackson and loved it! I'm still waiting (not very patiently though) for Next To Die. I haven't deciced what to read next.....could be Stalemate, could be something else. Depends on what strikes my fancy tomorrow! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ginger

Ginger

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 2:26 pm

I'm reading...The President's Daughter by Mariah Stewart. So far so good

Ginger
Back to top Go down
Lolly

Lolly

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 1:47 am

I see it has been a while since anyone has posted!

When I am not reading text books, I really enjoy the romantic/suspense genre. I know I should broaden my horizons, and I will...just as soon as I finish reading all of the books I want to in this genre.

I have recently finished Cindy Gerard's Bodyguard series and also her Black Ops series. I am anticipating her next book in the Black Ops series due out this month.

Currently I am reading Amy J. Fetzers books. I am nearly done with her Dragon One series. There is quite a bit of intrigue in her books. Definitely a good read.

In between reading the series of a new (or at least new to me) author, I usually two or three of the In Death series by J.D. Robb. My husband bought me the entire series, but there are so many of them that I only read a few at a time because I still want to read other authors as well.

And of course, I am always anxious for the next Marliss Melton book to come out!

Oh, I am also anticipating the next Kay Hooper's and Julie Garwood's books due out this month.

Did I mention that I like to read? Who needs sleep when you can read instead?! J/K.
Back to top Go down
JMHPJT

JMHPJT

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2011-08-25

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 7:39 pm

Lora Leigh's Tempting SEALS series and Elite Ops series is SO GOOD!! I was addicted to them!! I think they are all a great read!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are you reading?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2