Marliss Melton BB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Marliss Melton BB

www.marlissmelton.com

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What are you reading?

Go down 
+12
KayLinne
mharperok
Maureen
maria duncan
Alyhackett
janie_lizbeth
Marliss Melton
Tracy
book freak
Minna
Ranurgis
Rika_Admin
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rika_Admin
Admin
Rika_Admin

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2006-11-21

What are you reading? Empty
PostSubject: What are you reading?   What are you reading? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2006 7:14 am

I am reading "Only A Duke Will Do" by Sabrina Jeffries. Excellent so far. cheers
Back to top Go down
Tracy

Tracy

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2007-01-11

PostSubject: "Shadow Dance" By Julie Garwood   What are you reading? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 11, 2007 4:55 pm

I really liking it so far. I've been reading her books for awhile and I've been waiting for Noah's story!!
Back to top Go down
Ranurgis

Number of posts : 7

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 12, 2007 12:55 am

I'm reading 3 books seriously at the moment:

1. Brainiac by Ken Jennings -- about Jeopardy's super-champion.

2. The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren: about the purpose of life

3. Waiting to get back from the library: The Masque of the Black Tulip by Lauren Willig. A really fun book which combines contemporary chick lit with Regency suspense. It also contains quotes from Shakespearean plays to test your knowledge. I've found some but I doubt I've found all. I had to give it back before I finished reading it.
Back to top Go down
Tracy

Tracy

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 12, 2007 2:38 pm

Oh, I forgot I am also reading "Operation: Homecoming" it is a collection of stories, narratives, journal entries, emails revolving around the troops. All were written by soldiers or families/friends of soldiers. Very good book, I am enjoying it very much.
Back to top Go down
Minna

Minna

Registration date : 2007-01-12

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 12, 2007 5:37 pm

I just finished reading Elizabeth Hoyt's book The Raven Prince.

When I have a little money, I buy books, If any is left, I buy food and clothes. - Desiderius Erasmus
Back to top Go down
book freak

book freak

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2007-01-13

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 13, 2007 5:57 am

Nothing for the moment Exclamation affraid (I really surprised myself now, normally I'm always reading something) But, I have to study for the moment, so I don't have much time to read. Sad

Stefanie
Back to top Go down
http://www.realmsonourbookshelves.com
book freak

book freak

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 13, 2007 4:11 pm

Damn, I couldn't resist the temptation and I started reading Love's journey home by Jackie Stephens.
But hey, since you also have to relax when you study, it isn't that bad that I started reading again, isn't it? Twisted Evil

Stefanie
Back to top Go down
Minna

Minna

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 13, 2007 4:14 pm

I just started reading again One Eye Closed by Karen Whiddon.

"When I have a little money, I buy books, If any is left, I buy food and clothes." - Desiderius Erasmus
Back to top Go down
book freak

book freak

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 14, 2007 12:19 pm

I'm reading Strictly seduction by Shelley Bradley. I like it very much so far.

Stefanie
Back to top Go down
Tracy

Tracy

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 15, 2007 10:33 am

I'm done with Shadow Dance, I really liked it. Kept me wanting to read.

I will be starting Catherine Anderson's Sun Kissed. I have really enjoyed her Coulter/Kendrick series and am looking forward to this book. My favorite of that series is Sweet Nothings b/c the herione was not skinny! Razz I enjoy when a writer gives us an average size woman!! I don't want to say "real size" woman b/c there are thin people out there LOL, but not all of us.
Back to top Go down
Minna

Minna

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 16, 2007 10:04 am

Right now I'm reading The Care and Feeding of Unmarried Men by Christie Ridgeway.

"When I have a little money, I buy books, If any is left, I buy food and clothes." -Desiderius Erasmus
Back to top Go down
Marliss Melton

Marliss Melton

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2006-11-24

PostSubject: Reading the Raven Prince   What are you reading? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 16, 2007 2:56 pm

Okay, Don't tell anybody, but I'm reading the Raven Prince before I have to give it away as a contest prize. I promise I'm not dribbling any jam on it or even cracking the pages very wide. You'll never know the difference if you win it... tongue
Back to top Go down
Tracy

Tracy

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 16, 2007 3:05 pm

Minna, I enjoyed that Chrisine Ridgeway book. a lot of LOL moments.

Marliss, LOL I don't mind used books! I get a lot of books from the UBS!
Back to top Go down
book freak

book freak

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 16, 2007 4:58 pm

I don't mind used books either. The books that I buy myself are used books most of the time. I don't know, maybe it's crazy, but to me it feels as if used books are loved books. You know that someone read and re-read the book. So he/she probably liked the book very much. Does someone else feel the same way about that? Or am I an exception?

Stefanie
Back to top Go down
book freak

book freak

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 16, 2007 5:09 pm

Oh btw, for the moment I'm reading May McGoldrick's The rebel. It's a very good story. Don't like it that it's almost finished. I want to keep on reading!

Stefanie
Back to top Go down
Minna

Minna

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2007 2:11 am

I definitely don't mind used books either. And I liked the Raven Prince. I think it's going to be one of the books I'll keep.

"When I have a little money, I buy books, If any is left, I buy food and clothes." -Desiderius Erasmus
Back to top Go down
book freak

book freak

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2007 3:33 am

I keep all of my books. The only problem now is space. I have to put my books in boxes now, because my room is getting too small!! But in a few years I'll probably have my own house and... much more space for my books! cheers

Stefanie
Back to top Go down
Minna

Minna

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2007 7:28 am

I simply can't keep them all -no space, so I have to make some choises... And on the other hand there are always some books I don't even want to read second time let alone keep them.

Back to top Go down
janie_lizbeth

Number of posts : 16

PostSubject: Is reading a book before you give it......   What are you reading? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2007 6:30 pm

geek Marliss, is reading a book before you give it away like "regifting?" Of course, that opens the whole can of worms about whether it is or is not okay to "regift" in the first place. And yes, being the cheap, frugal person I am....I regift on occassion.

What am I reading.....hmmm

Well, except for Marliss' books, I haven't read much lately. I did read a really good historical by Maureen McKade called A Reason to Live. It had a unique story line about a Civil War nurse who suffered from post-traumatic syndrome. study
Back to top Go down
Alyhackett

Alyhackett

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2007-01-17

PostSubject: Re-Reading Karen Rose   What are you reading? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2007 11:08 pm

I am in the process of re-reading all of the authors that have books on my Must Buy List! Have already gone through Julie Garwood, Marliss, JR Ward, Kathryn Shay, SEP, Christina Dodd, Beverly Barton - I think that is it!

So now I am on Karen Rose. I am a pretty fast reader, especially on re-reads so I tend to get a book read at night when I am baking or waiting for my dh to get home!

I am on a book diet until the end of March so I am sucking it up and dealing with some of these books being out and not having them Crying or Very sad

Aly
www.muckysmorsels.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.muckysmorsels.com
Minna

Minna

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 19, 2007 6:44 am

At the moment I'm reading Testing Miss Toogood by Stella Cameron.

Back to top Go down
book freak

book freak

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 20, 2007 6:00 am

I'm reading To protect an heiress by Adrienne Basso right now. I almost finished it and I'm liking it (like most of the books that I read Razz )

Stefanie
Back to top Go down
Minna

Minna

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 20, 2007 7:50 am

I just started to read -again- When Cultures Collide by Richard D. Lewis.

Back to top Go down
maria duncan

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-01-20

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 20, 2007 4:40 pm

Hi everyone, I'm a newbie!

At the moment I'm rereading Darkest Longings by Susan Lewis, I LOVE that book! And I can't wait to get my hands on The Stranger I Married by Sylvia Day, it sounds fantastic!
Back to top Go down
Maureen

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2007-01-21

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2007 8:39 am

I just started Alison Kent's new book Beyond a Shadow
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are you reading?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next