Marliss Melton BB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Marliss Melton BB

www.marlissmelton.com

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My Step Son trying out for Special Boat Unit

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Marliss Melton

Marliss Melton

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2006-11-24

My Step Son trying out for Special Boat Unit Empty
PostSubject: My Step Son trying out for Special Boat Unit   My Step Son trying out for Special Boat Unit Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 3:17 pm

These are nail-biting times for me. My stepson Bryan is in Coronado about to class up for training to become a member of SWCC -- Special Warfare Combatant-craft Crewman. These are those crazy guys in boats and helicopters and rafts that drop off and pick up the SEALs. The attrition rate is like 60%. Bryan's just crazy enough to make it. I'll post a picture (discretely) of his whopping biceps and six-pack. He's super-confident that he will graduate, but his course hasn't started up yet, so the worst is yet to come. Stay tuned!
Back to top Go down
arvgal

arvgal

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2007-07-29

PostSubject: Re: My Step Son trying out for Special Boat Unit   My Step Son trying out for Special Boat Unit Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 11:15 am

update?
Back to top Go down
Marliss Melton

Marliss Melton

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2006-11-24

PostSubject: Didn't Make It   My Step Son trying out for Special Boat Unit Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 9:01 am

Bryan lasted nearly four weeks and ended up ringing the bell on a Friday at 3PM. Just two more hours of absolute torture, and he would have gotten to the weekend, but they'd been running full steam on 12 hours of sleep for the week and he needs his sleep. So do I, for that matter, so I totally commiserate. We're all disappointed, especially Bryan but that's what makes the SEALs so special. Only a handful actually graduate. I think the graduating number ended up to be 12 out of 62. Phew!
It's on to Electronic Warfare/IT stuff for Bryan. But, who know, he might give it another try down the road.
Back to top Go down
Tracy

Tracy

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2007-01-11

PostSubject: Re: My Step Son trying out for Special Boat Unit   My Step Son trying out for Special Boat Unit Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 12:01 am

Bummer he didn't make it, but wow, he made it a long time!! Sounds like he's still a tough guy! Good luck as he continues in his Navy career.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Step Son trying out for Special Boat Unit   My Step Son trying out for Special Boat Unit Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Step Son trying out for Special Boat Unit
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Marliss Melton BB :: Main Discussion :: General Discussions-
Jump to: