Marliss Melton BB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Marliss Melton BB

www.marlissmelton.com

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Warrior Elite The Making of Class 228

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
arvgal

arvgal

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2007-07-29

Warrior Elite  The Making of Class 228 Empty
PostSubject: Warrior Elite The Making of Class 228   Warrior Elite  The Making of Class 228 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2007 3:36 pm

If you haven't read this book, get it!

The Warrior Elite: The Forging of SEAL Class 228
by Dick Couch (if you look around you can get a hardcover for the price of the paperback).

You get to read more about Marcus and both Classes 226 and 228. It is a different perspective on BUD/S. You get to see what Marcus went through in greater detail when he joins 228 in Phase 2.

There are many mentions of Marcus as well as pics of him in training too. You will see Marcus doing pushups with his dive gear nearby, staring at the wall of shame after his failing a dive test in phase two, in uniform etc.

Marcus stands out for his drive and his corpsman (medical) training. Classes (226, 227, 228) see him as a great motivator. There is some contact between the Classes from Indoc thru BUD/S so he is welcomed into Class 228. While the instructors stress teamwork, it is clear that indivuals who excel at the different evolutions are looked upon as motivators within the teams themselves.

It is not as entertaining and colorful as Marcus' perspective but very informative about the details of the training and how each man in the class handles the evolutions.

While the Classes suffer through BUD/S you see that the instructors really want them to succeed.
Back to top Go down
arvgal

arvgal

PostSubject: Re: Warrior Elite The Making of Class 228   Warrior Elite  The Making of Class 228 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 10:08 pm

I think Marcus might be in a couple of the dive training pics too. No sure tho.

I saw Marcus on Fox tonight. Bill O was a jack*ss in this interview. I don't think he read Lone Survivor at all. IMHO.

Hopefully Marcus is on a new book signing tour. Keep your eyes peeled.
Back to top Go down
Shar36

Shar36

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2007-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Warrior Elite The Making of Class 228   Warrior Elite  The Making of Class 228 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 10:35 am

Thanks for the heads up. I picked up The Warrior Elite yesterday and will start it as soon as I'm finished with Maria Stewart's Last Breath. Can't wait to start Dick's book. Missed Marcus on Bill O last night, the Bears were playing pre-season game so all T.V.'s were tuned to that. I'll keep my eyes posted for Marcus Luttrell book signings in my area. I most definitely would like to meet him.

thanks
Back to top Go down
Marliss Melton

Marliss Melton

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2006-11-24

PostSubject: Looking for that book tomorrow   Warrior Elite  The Making of Class 228 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2007 9:54 pm

Thanks for the recommended read, Argval. I'm going to pick up that book tomorrow when I'm supposed to be signing books at my local Books-A-Million. I wonder how many people are going to ask me where the restroom is this time. Mad
Back to top Go down
arvgal

arvgal

PostSubject: Re: Warrior Elite The Making of Class 228   Warrior Elite  The Making of Class 228 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2007 11:58 pm

Marliss Melton wrote:
Thanks for the recommended read, Argval. I'm going to pick up that book tomorrow when I'm supposed to be signing books at my local Books-A-Million. I wonder how many people are going to ask me where the restroom is this time. Mad

including your youngest child?

Censored
Back to top Go down
arvgal

arvgal

PostSubject: Re: Warrior Elite The Making of Class 228   Warrior Elite  The Making of Class 228 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2007 8:50 am

BTW, in The Warrior Elite you get to see In-struc-tor Reeeeee-nooooo and Mother Mruk.

Mruk looks like a big teddy bear and Reno looks bad ass with his ever present sunglasses as he stands over the guys in the surf.
Back to top Go down
Shar36

Shar36

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2007-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Warrior Elite The Making of Class 228   Warrior Elite  The Making of Class 228 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 9:54 am

Arvgal, thanks again for the recommendation of The Warrior Elite. I've got 1 1/2 chapters to go. What a great read. Have to agree with you on Mother Mruk and Instructor Reno is definitely one bad ass looking instructor, shades or no shades. I certainly wouldn't mind getting wet and sandy with him. That's only if Marcus isn't available as he would definitely be my first choice. I'm going to check out the rest of Dick Couch's books on my next trip to Borders.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warrior Elite The Making of Class 228   Warrior Elite  The Making of Class 228 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Warrior Elite The Making of Class 228
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Marliss Melton BB :: Main Discussion :: General Discussions-
Jump to: