Marliss Melton BB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Marliss Melton BB

www.marlissmelton.com

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Lone Survivor

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
CopsWife

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2007-04-18

Lone Survivor Empty
PostSubject: Lone Survivor   Lone Survivor Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2007 1:38 am

I got the book the first day it was out. Saw him in the interview with Matt lauer and ran to B&N to pick it up. Amazing is all I can say.
Back to top Go down
Tracy

Tracy

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2007-01-11

Lone Survivor Empty
PostSubject: I'm on the list at my library   Lone Survivor Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2007 5:17 pm

I've heard it's an excellent book!
Back to top Go down
Marliss Melton

Marliss Melton

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2006-11-24

Lone Survivor Empty
PostSubject: Copies of NEXT TO DIE for LONE SURVIVOR   Lone Survivor Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 6:01 pm

I just mailed two copies of NEXT TO DIE to Marcus Luttrell, through my publicist, to his publicist (Hatchette Books owns us both). One copy was for him, the other for his mother. I have felt a special connection to Marcus for two years, even before I knew his name. I'm so upset that he was doing book signings right near my home town while I was in his home state of Texas giving a presentation at Romance Writers of America's National convention. I missed my chance to meet him! Fingers crossed that he'll write me back since I wrote him a personal letter. He personifies everything heroic and noble that I love to write about and my readers love to read. GOD BLESS HIM ALWAYS!
Back to top Go down
arvgal

arvgal

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2007-07-29

Lone Survivor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lone Survivor   Lone Survivor Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2007 11:58 pm

Lone Survivor is a MUST READ book. You will laugh, you will cry, but mostly you will be proud of these men.

Marcus Luttrell has given us the most descriptive book ever about the realities of war. Expect to stay up all night reading it and have a new box of tissues handy because you are going to bawl your eyes out.

I pray Marcus finds peace from PTSD and that he finds his own "copper Penny."
Back to top Go down
arvgal

arvgal

Lone Survivor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lone Survivor   Lone Survivor Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 11:33 am

http://soldiersmind.com/2007/08/03/meeting-a-hero/

Read this Blog and the comments at the bottom of the Blog.

Keep checking back with these people to see when/if Marcus' book tour continues.

Marcus will be at a huge book fair in Texas in Nov. Read all about it in above link.

Now if only we knew if Marliss was going to tour the country? I think she needs to go to Texas in Nov. and push 'em (book signings that is) out. worthy

Wink
Back to top Go down
arvgal

arvgal

Lone Survivor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lone Survivor   Lone Survivor Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 12:00 pm

http://navyseals.com/patriotic-war-book-heats-hollywood

I hope to hell they don't make a movie. They will ruin it with *artistic license.*
Back to top Go down
arvgal

arvgal

Lone Survivor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lone Survivor   Lone Survivor Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 5:02 pm

Back to top Go down
Tracy

Tracy

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2007-01-11

Lone Survivor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lone Survivor   Lone Survivor Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2007 1:03 am

It looks like Marcus took his time to choose who he thinks will honor his fallen friends.

Let's hope they allow him to be involved and make the best movie they can.
Back to top Go down
Nance

Nance

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-08-18

Lone Survivor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lone Survivor   Lone Survivor Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 1:56 pm

I saw that Lone Survivor was back to #2 on the NY Times Bestseller List - and Bill O'Reilly mentioned the book again the other night. There was also a review in People magazine.
Back to top Go down
arvgal

arvgal

Lone Survivor Empty
PostSubject: Marcus arrested for defending our country!!!   Lone Survivor Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 11:26 am

Marcus got arrested for defending our country!!!

See the video here:

http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/video.aspx?RsrcID=2507

This is a 13:29 min long *speech* . Don't miss a second of this one. Be sure to have the volume up before you load the page. It starts immediately once the page has loaded.

Also, this link is from Marcus' appearance at the Texas Book Fair last November. It is about an hour long. I think at first Marcus was going to go, then he backed out (I am guessing he didn't like the author they paired him up with) but then Marcus was back on the roster. They held it at a church, so I think Marcus felt a bit restrained in speaking his mind. Here is the link:

http://www.booktv.org/program.aspx?ProgramId=8896&SectionName=&PlayMedia=Yes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lone Survivor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lone Survivor   Lone Survivor Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lone Survivor
Page 1 of 1